Randall Lamb holds sustainable design as one of our core values. Our innovative designs result in significant reduction of energy and water use for our clients, saving utility costs and deterring pollution and carbon emissions. Our triple bottom line evaluation considers the financial, social, and environmental costs and benefits of every design strategy to develop the most valuable solutions for each project.
Working with architects, owners, and other design professionals, we take an integrated team approach to ensure that the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems we specify are seamlessly incorporated into the overall building to be efficient and environmentally responsible. We get involved early in the design process to address energy use, lighting and indoor air quality. Our experienced staff are skilled at creating systems that optimize performance and enhance the usable space for occupants.
As members of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), we support the larger green building community. Our staff includes LEED Accredited Professionals and members of the International Living Futures Institute who understand the additional responsibilities incurred for projects pursuing high level certifications. Our projects include a number of LEED certified buildings at all levels, and our clients consistently receive rebates and incentive funds from local utility companies for their energy savings.
Alternative Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems:
- Radiant heating and cooling systems
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems
- Evaporative cooling
- Natural and hybrid ventilation strategies
Alternative electrical power systems:
- Distributed power generation
- Demand-response strategies
- Increased usage of daylighting
- Energy efficient lighting and controls
- Renewable energy systems
- Battery storage
Our Clean Energy Services:
- Waste-to-energy methane recovery
- On-site, clean power generation
- Gas fired turbines
- Gas and hydrogen fired Fuel cells
- Heat recovery (combined heat power generation/co-generation)
- Central plant optimization
- Smart Metering
- We offer a step-by-step process that has been utilized successfully with many of our clients.